This week’s Pura Pleasure is the Protein Carrot Bar, a healthier and more satisfying alternative to the popular carrot cake you’ll find in your local café or bakery.
Packed with some real protein goodness, our carrot bar recipe is the perfect post work out snack or post-meal dessert.
If you’re planning on having it for dessert, why not try one of our #MyPuraRecipes for your main course?
What you’ll need – For the bars:
- 2 Cups of Gluten Free Oat Flour
- ½ Cup of Almond Flour – Sifted
- ½ Cup of Vanilla Protein Powder
- 1 Teaspoon of Cinnamon
- 1 Teaspoon of Mixed Spice
- 1/4 Cup of Almond Butter
- ½ Cup of Brown Maple Syrup
- 1/2 Cup of Mashed Carrots
- 1 Teaspoon of Almond Milk
What you’ll need – For the frosting:
- 1 Scoop of Vanilla Protein Powder
- 1/4 Cup of Cream Cheese
- 2 Teaspoon of Milk
What to do – For the bars:
- Line a large baking dish with greased paper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, protein powder, granulated sweetener, cinnamon, mixed spice and mix well
- Next, combine the nut butter and liquid sweetener in a bowl and heat until melted
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry and mix well
- Add the mashed carrots and mix until combined – The resulting batter should be crumbly
- Using a spoon, add your dairy free milk of choice one spoonful at a time until a thick, firm batter has been formed
- Pour mixture into a lined baking dish and press contents firmly
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes
- Once firm, frost with frosting (if desired)
What to do – For the frosting:
- In a small mixing bowl, add the vanilla protein powder and softened cream cheese and mix well
- Using a tablespoon, add dairy free milk of choice until a thick batter is formed.
- Spread on finished protein bars and refrigerate until firm
And there you have it – Protein Carrot Bars.
Trust us when we say you won’t miss traditional carrot cake once you’ve tried this recipe!
We hope you have a great weekend!
Making this recipe? Tell us what you think on Instagram!
Tag us in your posts [@pura_gym_food] and use the hashtag #PuraPleasures