If you liked our Chocolate Protein Ball recipe from a few weeks ago, then you’re in luck with this week’s Pura Pleasures! We present to you, the Chocolate Mint Thins. Complete with protein and rich in oats, this sweet treat is an excellent alternative to a conventional high calorie, low-to-no nutrition chocolate bar, and can be enjoyed guilt-free after grueling workout.
If you like After 8’s – you’ll now be able to enjoy a similar treat without ruining your gym goals or Pura meal plan. This recipe also requires little effort, no baking and can be ready in less than an hour!
What you’ll need
- 2 Cups of Gluten Free Oat Flour
- ½ Cup of Dark Cocoa Powder
- ½ Cup of Chocolate Protein Powder
- ½ Cup of Nut Butter of your choice
- A Pinch of Peppermint Extract
- 1 Tablespoon of Dairy Free Milk
- 100ml of Block Dairy Free Chocolate – To coat
What to do
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the oat flour, cocoa powder as well as the protein powder
- Next, add the peppermint extract and mix in well
- Using a tablespoon, add your chosen dairy free milk until a thick batter is formed
- Use your hands to form cookie shapes with the chocolate batter, placing the finished shapes on a lined plate or tray when done
- Next, freeze these shapes for around 30 minutes
- Melt the extra dark chocolate, allowing it to cool slightly
- Coat each frozen cookie shape in the melted chocolate and line on a lined baking tray or plate
- Refrigerate until chocolate is firm
And that’s it! All that’s left it to eat, treat and enjoy!
The Chocolate Mint Thins are the perfect table topper for a dinner party or when you have a few guests round.
Let us know what you think of this recipe on Instagram!
Tag us in your posts [@pura_gym_food] and use the hashtag #PuraPleasures