Cooking healthy recipes for the whole family can often be a bit of a challenge. If you’re on one of our Pura meal plans, you probably find yourself eating something different to the rest of the family most days of the week in order to focus on your goals.
Some nights however, it’s nice for the whole family to eat the same thing together, so we thought we’d provide you with a nice healthy meal which everyone can enjoy without binging, ordering in or affecting your meal plan and fitness goals.
Who says Pura isn’t always there for you hey!?
If the family is into spicy food, then this Spicy Beef Curry Recipe is right up your street! And the best part? There’ll be leftovers, to refrigerate and enjoy another night!
What you’ll need
- 10kg of Diced Beef
- 1kg of Carrots – Diced
- 1kg of Onion – Diced
- 1kg of Celery – Diced
- 10 Garlic Cloves – Crushed
- 2 Teaspoons of Chilli Flakes
- 6 Teaspoons of Curry Powder
- 10 bay leaves
- 7kg of Chopped Tomatoes
What to do
- Start by blanching the beef in boiling water for 10 minutes
- Following this, wash the beef for a further 20 minutes under running cold water
- Next, add some oil to a pan. Once hot, place the beef in the pan and seal brown on all sides, placing the beef in a deep roasting tray once done
- Sauté the diced vegetables and spices together and add to the beef once done
- Add the beef stock to the pan, ensuring you cover the beef
- Next, add the tomatoes and stock to the pan
- Finally, cover the dish and slow roast until the beef is tender and accompanying sauce is a nice, thick consistency
All that is left is to set the table, serve up and enjoy! For garnish, feel free to sprinkle some coriander or spring onions on top of each serving when dishing up!
We hope you enjoy it!
Making this recipe? Tell us what you think on Instagram!
Tag us in your posts [@pura_gym_food] and use the hashtag #MyPuraRecipes