This week we thought we’d share a recipe which is perfect for when you’ve got friends or family over for a dinner party. We know that hosting dinner parties whilst on a meal plan is no easy feat, as you don’t want to hamper your goals by binging on unhealthy take out and at the same time you don’t want to miss out on socialising in order to avoid temptation.
So, this week’s recipe is a dish which is tasty, rich in protein and will help you to wow your guests with your amazing culinary skills (even though it’s pretty straightforward – but they don’t need to know that do they?!)
What you’ll need
- Chicken Breasts – Halved & Grilled
- 1kg of Onions, finely chopped
- 1kg of Carrot
- 50ml of Olive Oil
- 60g of Garlic Cloves – Peeled and finely chopped
- 10g of Cumin Seeds
- 10g of Black Peppercorns – To be left whole
- 1 Teaspoon of Cloves
- 2 Cinnamon Sticks
- 5 Bay Leaves
- 10 Green Cardamom Pods – Slightly Crushed
- 15g of Garam Masala
- 10g of Mild Chilli Powder
- 10g of Ground Turmeric
- 4kg of Canned Tomatoes
What to do
- First, heat the olive oil in a large pan over a low to medium heat
- Next, add the onions and garlic and fry for 6-8 minutes, or until softened but not coloured
- Add the cumin seeds, black peppercorns, cloves, cinnamon sticks, bay leaves and cardamom pods and continue to fry the ingredients for 3-4 minutes, or until the spices are fragrant
- Add the garam masala, chilli powder and ground turmeric and fry for a further 2-3 minutes, or until fragrant.
- Finally, add the canned tomatoes and bring the mixture to a simmer.
- Leave the mixture to simmer for approximately 18-20 minutes, or until the consistency has thickened.
Let us know what your guests think of this dish on Instagram – We’ll even let you take all the acclaim!