Our Pura Pleasure this week combines two favourites of ‘sweet-toothers’ the world over: Chocolate and Peanut butter! As with all our Pura Pleasures, our sweet treats are a healthier alternative, which can be enjoyed guilt-free as they won’t have a negative impact on the work you’ve been putting in in the gym and with your Pura weekly meal plan.
So, if you’ve been craving chocolate brownies all week, this recipe is here to save the day!
What you’ll need
For the Brownie Balls
- 1/4 Cup Plus two tablespoons of cocoa or cacao powder
- Just over a 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- Two 1/2 Cups of loosely packed, pitted dates
- 1 Cup of raw almonds
- 1/2 Cup of raw nuts of your choice
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
- 2 Teaspoons of water
- 1/4 Cup of chocolate chips – optional
- 1/4 Cup nut butter of choice (or an allergy-friendly alternative)
- 2 Teaspoons of pure maple syrup or honey or stevia – to taste
- 2 Tablespoon of Milk of your choice (You’ll need a bit extra if you’re using stevia)
Note – If you have a small or medium food processor, it may be best to process the ingredients in two separate batches so as not to overwork your machine. Using a blender might give you an overly sticky result, so try that at your own risk.
What to do
- In your food processor, combine all the ingredients (except the last three). If you’re using chocolate chips, be sure to add these as well
- Process the ingredients until sticky crumbles form
- If the mixture is still too crumbly to stick together, process for a few minutes longer
- Next, roll the crumbles into small balls and place finished articles onto a pan lined with parchment paper
- In a smaller dish, stir together the final three ingredients to make a frosting – it may have a liquid-like texture at first, but it’s important to keep stirring
- Next, roll the balls in the frosting until evenly covered
- After this, place the pan with the coated balls into the fridge until ready to serve
- You can also drizzle melted chocolate on top if desired
And that’s that – short, simple and most importantly sweet!
We hope you have a great weekend!
Making this recipe? Tell us what you think on Instagram!