Protein balls are a hugely popular snack, which are perfect for a quick energy boost or for a quick nibble around your workout. We’ve previously shared a couple of different protein ball recipes, which have all been very popular, so this week we thought we’d share one which is gluten free.
The Date, Cocoa and Coconut Protein Balls are a quick and easy to make, and will last for around 2 weeks if stored correctly. They’re low in calories too – so can easily be factored in as part of your Pura meal plan.
So without further ado, here’s the recipe:
What you’ll need
- 70g of Shaved Coconut
- 20g of Puffed Brown Rice or Quinoa
- 50g of Whole Almonds
- 80g of Dates
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Ground Tumeric
- ½ Teaspoon of Ground Cinnamon
- 1 Heaped Teaspoon of Cocoa Powder
- 1 Teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
- 2 Tablespoons of Protein Powder
- ½ Tablespoon of Manuka Honey
- 1 Orange
What to do
- Start by pouring 40g of your shaved coconut onto a plate. This will be used for icing later on
- Next, add the remaining coconut, your puffed brown rice or quinoa, the almonds and destoned dates into the food processor and whizz until all ingredients are finely chopped
- Add the ground turmeric, cinnamon, cocoa powder, protein powder and a pinch of sea salt to the mixture in the processor and blitz again, until all ingredients are finely ground
- Next, add vanilla extract, honey and half of your orange to the processor before blitzing again for another 2 or so minutes. Be sure to stop the mixture and scrape any mixture off the sides, whilst you can also add more orange juice to bind the mixture if required.
- Next, wet your hands and start scooping the mixture out into evenly rolled balls, dropping them into the shaved coconut you laid out at the start.
- Be sure to roll the balls around thoroughly, to ensure they’re well coated
- Store in an airtight container
And there you have it, quick, easy and healthy!
The contents of this recipe should be enough to make 24 balls and if stored correctly will last for up to two weeks!
We hope you have a great weekend!
Making this recipe? Tell us what you think on Instagram!