When it comes to guilty pleasures, cakes and muffins usually rank quite high up on people’s naughty lists. As we all know, they’re not the healthiest but there are still some ways you can still enjoy the odd muffin, along with some added health benefits! One of those ways is the Banana & Oat Protein Muffin.
Coming in at around 70 calories, with 8g of protein per muffin, this recipe offers a much healthier (and more great tasting!) alternative to the high sugar, high calorie muffins you’d find in your local coffee shop or café.
What you’ll need
- 1 Banana
- ¾ Cup of Egg Whites
- ¾ Cup of Low Fat Plain Greek Yogurt
- ¾ Cup of Oats
- 2 Scoops of Vanilla Whey Protein Powder
- ¼ Cup Sugar Substitute
- 1 Teaspoon of Baking Powder
- 1 Teaspoon of Baking Soda
What to do
- To start, preheat the oven to 350 f (or 175 c) and spray a muffin tray with low fat cooking spray
- Next, blend all the ingredients together until they reach a smooth consistency
- Divide the blended mixture evenly across the muffin tray
- Set a timer for 18 minutes and bake the muffins until you can insert a fork and remove it without anything sticking
And there you have it! Healthy, delicious muffins in less than 25 minutes!
We hope you have a great weekend!
Making this recipe? Tell us what you think on Instagram!